How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my friend has been arrested with no passport or visa and I

This answer was rated:

my friend has been arrested with no passport or visa and I believe was residing here illegally......will she be deported or is there any way that someone may be able to guarantee for her provision thus allowing her to remain. For example can someone say that they are going to marry her and demonstrate they are financially capable of looking after her enabling her to remain



Thanks for your question.


No, someone confirming that they were to marry the person in question would not make a difference to her position.


I'm terribly sorry but if she has been here illegally for less than 14 years then she will be deported. If she holds a genuine fear that she may be persecuted or killed were she to be returned to her home country then she could make an application for asylum, but there is a heavy burden of proof on asylum seekers to prove that this is genuine and she would have to submit considerable documentary evidence by way of proof.


Sorry that it could not be better news.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you