UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i would like to lay a patio on my property my neighboure hes…

Customer Question
i would like to lay...
i would like to lay a patio on my property my neighboure hes right ov way to rear ov their property,they av extended their property thus i beleive severing their right ov way how do i find out if this is case
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/30/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Do you wish to build over their right of way

planed patio will include right of way upto neighbours property butting up to extended building
Hiya,

You need to be clear as to the right of way - if you build on the right of way without your neighbours permission then you could be taken to court and forced to take up the patio and pay their costs. As such the key would be to get a plan of where you propose to put the patio and get the neighbour to agree to same.

Happy to discuss further

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT