UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi My 15 year old son has left home to go and live with his…

Customer Question
Hi My 15...
Hi My 15 year old son has left home to go and live with his Gran in a one bed Flat , where he sleeps on a floor. I have parental responsability for him . His gran has no right and i have not agreed to him staying . He has been there 28 days . Social Services ( social worker ) says he is ok to stay and i cant seem to stop this . His gran is 72 years old in poor health , can hardly look after herself yet alone a teenager. He is going out , staying out late and drinking beer. Can you please give some advice to what i can do to get him in other foster care , as he does not want to come home .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/30/2010
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Good afternoon,

You could try to persuade the local authority to move him into foster care. This would involve a care order being made by the local authority and really this matter needs to come before the court so that that can be considered. If you make your views known to social services then they will order an immediate hearing to determine where your son is placed at the present time.

You would be entitled to attend the hearing with or without representation.

Best wishes.

F E

I have already made my views known to the local authority and they are not interested in what i have got to say . They are in Breach of their duty , dont you think ?

My son has been staying at his nans for just over 28 days .

I have said to them i want my son placed in foster care if he doesnt want to come home .

And they have said they will not do that . As he is nearly 16 he has rights . He was 15 in March .

Good afternoon,

This is a difficult situation as your son is very nearly 16 and will be deemed by any court to know his own mind. I feel that all you can do is to continue to press the local authority through your solicitor.

Best wishes.

F E