UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

What is the likelihood of social services proceeding trying…

What is the likelihood of...
What is the likelihood of social services proceeding trying to take my unborn child if i have a spent conviction of exposing myself to a minor via a webcam?? They have said they will pass it on to see if it needs looking into but said it was likely that we would keep the baby??
6/29/2010
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
It really depends on what sentence you got, how long ago it was and if you knew the victim.

It is really hard to say - it depends on their policy.
I got a caution and put on the register for 2 years. It was my first offence and I didnt know the victim involved. I came off the register in february this year.
I see - then my view is that it should not be taken into account.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister

Thankyou for your opinion... but if you were to give a percentage as to the likelihood of them finding it a reason to take the child off us what would it be?? also would you advise legal action against them... and do you imagine it would go in our favour??

It really depends on their own policy so that is really hard to say.

If they do take the child, I would advise have the matter going to Court to oppose the care order.
Is there anyway to find out their policies??
It may be in their website, otherwise ask.

Do not let this concern you until and if something happens.