UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

how to postpone evication one the judge has dismissed it. was asked to c&#

Customer Question
how to postpone evication one...
how to postpone evication one the judge has dismissed it.
was asked to contact housing options, they suggested i go back to the court with all the information which i was given by them & housing benefit. after a lot of arguing the court gave me another form n244 which i have to fil, pay £35 early to stop the bailiffs who are due to cme by 10.30 am. i also have t see housing options again tomorrow but they cannot give me a garuntee if they can house me. i also took my medical report with me to court today
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Matthew J, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Matthew J
Matthew J, Solicitor

HI

Sorry I am not sure what it is you wish to know.

It sounds like you have a possession order, and that is being enforced by an eviction order that is to take place at 10:30am (is that tomorrow?).

What do you need to know specifically?

I need to know how I can suspend the order again as I have to go see housing options to see if they can house me & they said there is no garuntee of housing. Basicly I want to fix another date for the hearing & for the judge to look at the addition information I have been given by housing benefit

Well in order to suspend and order you have to show grounds of unreasonable hardship will come to you if the eviction order is seen through. This isn’t merely that is in a inconvenience, or even sometimes that you will be homeless (as then you are the responsibility of the Council) but rather you or your family will be subjected to real suffering.

I don’t know when they made this application but usually you have to appeal and eviction order within 14 days.

I too don't know when the order was made, I only received the letter yesterday regarding the eveication.
Can you please suggest what can I put on the n244 form to convince the judge.
I already am suffering from mental health & I did present the letter to the judge, With all these issues happening I will have no choice but to be admitted into the hospital in the psychiatric ward. My major worry is if I am admitted in the hospital will the judge still enforce the eveication order
What are the Grounds that the possession order was made? if rent arrears, how much in arrears are they?
it is rental arrears. housing benefit have agreed to pay the back dated arrears & have provided me with second landlord deceleration, they spoke to the landlady today explaining camden council will not pay housing benefit to a bank account abroad, if she appoints someone who has a uk bank account then they are willing to pay her directly. the money is already in the system which will be paid once they receive the signed copy of the declaration from.
as far as i know the arrears are around £12,000 that is the figure I was given by the other sides lawyer.
please tell me what action to take next

Goodness that is a large amount,

Courts are not very sympathetic with arrears of such magnitude. After all the Landlord is not a charity, this is a job for the Council / local housing .

remember the Court will look at it as it is - you are trying to stall an eviction right at the death, when you have allowed very large arrears to grow, presumably over many months

I think the best you can hope for is to put in as much about you condition and the potential harm it will do if you are evicted into the N244 and present it to the court tomorrow.

I don’t know enough about your case to actually draft this for you, I would need to see the whole of the case file and this is not something I can do in a forum like this.

I hope this helps. Best of luck

The housing benefit have spoken to the landlord today explaining why they could not pay the arrears into their account & now i have filled my part of the declaration form all is left for the landlord to fill in their part & send it back to the housing benefit. Housing benefit have already hand my declaration form in since April but according to the housing benefit the form was not filled in correctly & they have explained to them again, what has to be done for the money to be paid.
I will put in as much information about my health condition & i have already left a message for my psychiatrist to call me back in the morning.

I hope it works out

if i have helped could you click accept?