UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Is it legal as a freelance sole trader to be able to stipulate…

Customer Question
Is it legal as a...
Is it legal as a freelance sole trader to be able to stipulate any time period for payment that you want on your invoice? Does this differ between english and scots law?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Yes, you can put you want your invoice paid within 14 days.

That is perfectly acceptable no matter where you are.

Thanks,

Can the period be anything, say, 7 days, 10 days, 14, 21 etc?

If there is no stipulation on the invoice does the legal default become 30 days?

It can be any period you want and whilst there is no default period it would generally be acceptable to expect payment within 30 days.