UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

hi bought 53 plate hyundai coupe had 1 day was vandalised eg…

Customer Question
hi bought 53 plate hyundai...
hi bought 53 plate hyundai coupe had 1 day was vandalised eg keyed best description next morning suspects kids on back lane when car was left outside garage prob messing about repair damage to much for my pocket so i phoned insurance thet were sorting it so i beleved. took car to garage for photos etc they will be in touch still waitin after numerous questions and paper work faxed to them i am the owner tax purchase paperwork etc today 29th quized like a criminal for 50 mins on who what how where and how yes i expected questions not treated like a thug/theif payed few thousand for car plus trade in.to me there trying to avoid the claim to do work can they do this
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Have you supplied the insurance with the crime number?
went to police to day because was closed date of incident when i went with travelling to and fro from work early and late totally forgot they have logged everything ondata base phone in me with crime number

They are entitled to make inquiries into any claim. There are some people who do make false claims.

They are not doing anything that they are not allowed to do here I'm afraid. If your account is correct though I'm sure that in the end they will find in your favour.

just seemed the way she questioned me was inapropriate and was twisting every thing i said to make me out to of done some thing wrong

Yes, thats not unlawful I'm afraid.

will me going to the police today help

Why do you think that would make a difference?

if I've answered your original question please click on accept so that I can get feedback. I will continue to help.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
it wont really as there no cctv and only witnesses hurd kids on backs just dont want them pulling as fast 1 as i forgot to get crime number the police woman said they can only investigate but nothing would come down to insurance to sort out

It might be that giving the insurance company the crime number would improve upon your credibility with them.

It is probably worth doing that. It does no harm to do so.

If you didn't give them a crime number that would probably account for why they are suspicious over this.