UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My partner has been charged with assult by the police towards…

Customer Question
My partner has been charged...
My partner has been charged with assult by the police towards me.I said i wanted to press charges, havin had a few days to get over the shock of it all.Am i allowed to drop the charges against. him so he doesnt have to go to court. We are no longer living together, and we have a daughter , financially it will not do either of us anygood, and my witness to th incident is our daughter and my son .Thinking about it i would not like my children to be interviewed either. If this is possible who do i contact.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Where there any injuries?
No there were no injuries,he was very drunk and cannot remember allot, it was unprovoked. I informed them that hed done this before about ten years ago and as a result i got a black eye, he has admitted to pushing me which he did not do.
.