UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a property with 8 acres of land. One of my fields has…

Customer Question
I have a property with...
I have a property with 8 acres of land. One of my fields has access from an unadopted road which serves 3 other properties. I have allowed a registered animal charity to use the land for grazing etc.
They recently, with my permission, used the land for a fundraising 'Open Weekend' which required parking facilities on the land. This involved 150 cars per day to use the access road. An entrance fee of £4 was charged for adults.
One of the neighbours complains that this usage exceeds the right of way terms and that the Animal Charity does not have the right to use the road - only the owner of the house (i.e. me) has that right. He has indicated that he will take measures to prevent any similar occurrence next year.
Please advise whether my rights of access can be passed to the Charity on such occasions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Hi are you able to type the exact working of the right of way contained in your deeds?

I will get hold of the deeds and get back to you later.

OK - FYI I am travelling at the moment and 7 hours ahead so am keeping rather odd hours but I will come back to you expeditiously on your reply.