UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am working for the NHS if i provide a medical certificate…

Customer Question
I am working for the...
I am working for the NHS if i provide a medical certificate backdated is the Trust have the right to refuse to pay me? and if i go to work after 3 hours i fool ill decide to go home are they got the right to place me as absent in the diary and not paying me for the rest of the contracted hours?
Thank you for your help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

This depends on what your contract of employment or the employer's terms anf conditions say about sick pay and absence from work.

It is common for employers to ask for a medical certificate to be provided within a certain time and for this to be a contractual term which gives them the right to refuse to pay you if it is not produced in time.

If you are absent from work due to sickness they are entitled to mark you down as sick as you did not work the hours.

I appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for but kindly click accept so that I get credit for it

Best wishes

Yours sincerely