UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

hi. in december i received a parking charge notice on a private…

hi. in december i received...
hi. in december i received a parking charge notice on a private car park. i had a valid ticket but the notice was served claiming i caused an obstruction. i have a photo of where i was parked and there were no signs or floor markings depicting where to park. i wrote a letter to the company (a P.O box) asking them to provide evidence that i was the driver on that date and received no reply. i considered the matter dropped. i have recently received a letter from a debt collection agency asking for funds. i emailed them and told them the claim was disputed because the company had failed to provide me with the evidence i asked for. i have now been contacted by their solicitor saying they are taking me to court if i dont pay. i rang them and asked for the evidence again neither confirming or denying i was the driver. they claim that the photo of the car taken by the patrol at the time is sufficient. is that enough to prove i was the driver?
6/28/2010
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Can you tell me who issued the fine?
vehicle control services ltd p.o box 686

OK. Are you sure this is private lane?

that company does accept subcontracts from the local councils sometimes.

as far as i know it was a private car park in salford next to media city. i think it is owned by peel holdings.the car park is on michigan avenue
OK. Is this graham whyte solicitors?

yes graham white. from west byfleet surrey

Thats the one they usually use. This is definitely private land then.

Just ignore them. Its an empty threat. But don't get involved in any more debates with them. Unless you actually get a court summons, you don't need to worry about anything they send you.

If they do sue then respond by putting them to proof on the identity of the driver. A photo of the car does not prove who was driving it.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

thanks. left feed back and tip. brilliant service

No problem.

Thanks for the bonus.