UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Dear Experts, I would be grateful, if you could help me

Customer Question
Dear Experts, I would be grateful...
Dear Experts,

I would be grateful, if you could help me with the following question in regards XXXXX XXXXX registration.

I am a medical doctor graduated in Russia. My husband is British. We've got married in 2006. He stayed in Germany for over 5 years between 1971 and 1976 during his army service.
Can I apply for GMC registration on a basis of EC rights exemption?
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/29/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
GMC advice states they may accept a primary medical qualification from the following institutions:

St Petersburg State Medical Academy
St Petersburg State I.P Pavlov Medical University
St Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy

Each application will be decided on a case by case basis and you may be required to submit additional information, such as transcripts and details of clinical rotation arrangements, before a decision is made
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Dear Experts,

The reply from the Expert doesn't answer my question at all.

Dear Expert,

Sorry, but your answer is not helpful for me:

a) I was gratuated not in St Petersburg, but in another city, b) I believe even St Petersburg graduates can't apply for GMC registration the same way as graduates from EEA + Switzeland, i.e. doctors from all these countries can have automatic registration without taking PLAB tests.

I would be grateful, if you could answer the question I've asked.

Relist: Inaccurate answer.