UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi, For the last 9 years Ive held the position of Depatch Manager…

Customer Question
Hi, For the last 9...
Hi, For the last 9 years Ive held the position of Despatch Manager for the company I work for. I have always undertaken this role by myself untill our company lost a big contract & moved an Operations Manger to the contract I work on. I have had to train this person in all aspects of the job and we now undertake exactly the same job (The one i have always done alone). Ive asked my GM why this new postion was never advertised as i would have applied as it is the same job as I have now but with a higher salary and a company car. My GM tells me as he already works for the company its not an issue?
Then just last month all employee's were regraded and although we do exactly the same job he has been graded higher than myself even though the company say it is the role thats being graded not the person?
Am i entitled to the same pay and benefits?
Hope you can help

Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

There is nothing to stop a company from re organising their business structure. What appears to have happened here is that this contract was re assigned and the person who was given it promoted beyond your position.

Whilst this is annoying and I can understand your feelings there is nothing to stop your company from doing this.

I appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for but kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely