UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi i found a job online on Gum Tree it was just a cleaning…

Customer Question
Hi i found a job...
Hi i found a job online on Gum Tree it was just a cleaning at a doctors surgery it was cover while the perm cleaner went on holiday, i went in on the friday for two hours to be shown what to do. then on the monday worked three hours the same tuesday wednesday, and friday, that was in April i have still not been paid, i have texted and emailed the company called Feather Dusters, and called all i had back was a text to say that sha sent a text to ask if i was working which i never got. How do i stand with this could you please help.

many thanks

jacqueline Palin
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/28/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Hiya,

In a situation such as this the doctor's surgery are in breach of contract for not paying you the money which you are owed. I woudl be minded either to phone for the money or in the alternative write formally requesting payment within say 7 days or you will issue court proceedings in the small claims court for the money owed - this should resolve the matter straight away.

I hope that helps

It was not the doctors surgery that employed me it was the company called Feather Dusters at Bournemouth, do i write to them, i am not very good at wording a letter like that, is there any help i could get with it .

thanks

jackie

Hiya

Yes you write to them - you basically ask to be paid within 7 days and the amount of money which they owe to you or you will take them to court

I hope that helps

Hiya,

I hope that this helps

All the Best

Peter