UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi I have a bankrupty hearing tomorrow I had a previous bankrupty…

Customer Question
Hi I have a bankrupty...
Hi I have a bankrupty hearing tomorrow I had a previous bankrupty meeting that had been adjoured two months ago my only problem is the company devising my IVA has ask the court to postpone the meeting or ask for a further adjourment so that they ciculate the proposed arrangement to all creditors within 10 days. The court have already received the letter about the propose adjourment but up to the district judge to make a desicion What if the judge ask me the question what have you done to resolved this situation since Nov 09 even I' m on debt management plan since Jan 10 this year? what answer can i give the judge to ensure that he will go in my favour?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/28/2010
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
The Judge will want to see progress has been made, but if you have documentation to indicate that you have been taking serious steps for the IVA then you should argue that it is in the interests of justice and only reasonable for the Court to grant an adjournment.

No creditors will be prejudiced and it may be that a real agreement can be reached meaning creditors will receive a greater amount than if the bankruptcy went ahead.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Can I appeal against a bankruptcy descesion?
You have 21 days to appeal from the date of bankruptcy.