UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my wife has not been paying towards anything in the house for…

Customer Question
my wife has not been...
my wife has not been paying towards anything in the house for years she stop paying the mortgage for almost one year i did not know anything until balliff leters were coming to take goods the letters came to remind and she ignored them i had to get a £5000 loan to pay arrears or we would be homelesssame with council taxs no contribution i am paying off arrears over £3000 with no help i understand that she sought advice and was told she does not have to help pay for anything also she would get the house and the children i pay all bills in the house for years a few years ago my son was getting a patch around his nose and his ears had puss coming around ear i saw her one day what she was doing she was washing between her legs in a basin regardless what day of the month for months then she would tip water out not wash basin catch water and use this same basin to washdown my son from face down so he was infected with fungus and from her period from between her legs on his face i have also cleaned her period off our back wall three times where she use to wash between her legs in basin on her period then throw water down face basin not toilet which is one foot away i told her this was nasty but she continued her brother told her this was no good she continued for a while before stopping she would leave her blood on the toilet seat when our youngest would go toilet his hands would touch this i have photos of seat she would use the toilet and not flush it and expose my first child and myself to the mess left in toilet she keeps the child benefit for herself i buy their clothes she spends about £2 a day on food she has also told me that she is better off single because she can claim more money even though she is paid £18.000 a year her aim is to let us loose the house she gets rehoused with kids and i am left with nothing because the law states the mother is best for kids not always the case she tried to divorce me already by stating unreasonable and i do not for anything she even asked for the csa to be involved while we were living together and was told this was not possible i let her solicitor know that i was paying for everything and had bank statements to prove this no mention of what she was doing to her son face when this was put to her she proceeded no more with solicitor and owed them around £4000 which they had to threaten to take her to court to receive their money a year later what can i do about this
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/28/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

what exactly do you wish to know

claire

what are the chances of me getting a divorce and keeping my two children aged 14 yrs and 4 yrs

hi

how far have the divorce proceedings issued by your wife reached

claire

it all collapsed 2007 because i rang her solicitor and told them the truth that i was paying for everything and i had bank statements to prove this she stated i was only paying the gas and electric which was a lie i believe this was put to her and she did not reply to her solicitor so they gave her the bill upto that time she was having these letters sent to the childminder address not at home they had to threaten here with court to get their money a year later her reason for not paying to her brother was they did not get what i wanted so why should i pay them her eldest brother stated how could she divorce on these grounds when it is not true
Relist: I still need help.