UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

dear sir/madam my name is jawed and I have question about…

dear sir/madam my name is...
dear sir/madam
my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have question about the car insurance.
on the 27 of June a round 9.00pm police stopped me and ask for insurance which I was sure that I have got insurance for my car.

They took my car and given me a paper that I have to prof for them I have got insurance in my car.

when I came to home I ask my wife have u got any latter from insurance company for car she said no and I called for the person who do insurance for people from insurance company and he get money for both side I mean from people and company.

when I asked him about my car insurance he said I have don already but he haven't don it because I have chick my account no one get any money from my account for insurance company .

he get his money in cash which I don't have any prof of that bec it was cash but I will get prof tomorrow bec he gonna sent his commission back to me bec he forget to do insurance for me but he doesn't accept his fault that he don on me and i will get withoutdoing any mistake i need help if you can please.

mail back jawed shakari

hello i am still waiting
6/27/2010
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
So you don't have insurance?
No I didn't have because I did not know that he did have don for me but he said he did insure my car. now he denies of what he said. he is rejecting everything.
No it is happened on 26/06/2010 time a round 9.00 pm

If they do summons you then you will have to plead guilty. No insurance is an offence of strict liability and, come what may, you are not insured.

If you were acting under the genuine misapprehension that you were insured though you can argue that there are special reasons not to disqualify you. But thats a matter for sentence not plea.

If this is your first offence then they probably would not disqualify you anyway. Normally you would get 6 points and a fine.

I have recorded the persons voice, while i was talking to him. and before he had insured my car but at that time when i gave all my account details he said ok he will insure it.and i was sure that he would do it.but now hes denying every thing that he said and did.the reason for this is because he tock £100 for hes commesion. if he didnt take hes commesion than he would have not insured my car for me. so i asked him is this ligel that what you did and insured my car.he said yes so i asked him than why cant you say that you forgot or what ever you did.but he said no i cant do it because i dont do this for some one else. and still i said why is this ligel that you did for me, he said yes but he would not admit that he did not insure it at this time.
i am still waiting for your answer.

Yes, its as I've said above.

This is not a defence but it does amount to mitigation.

Edited by Jomo1972 on 6/27/2010 at 11:28 PM EST
this morning i have insured my car to get my car from the police station .my question is that are they going to give me points in the police station or are they going to give me points after the court. and will they allow me to take my car when i have shown all the documents or not.
what do you think they will do?

No you will have to go to court.

The can crush the car if you've driven without insurance but they probably do that in these circumstances. If you are insured now, they will probably release it.

You can always sue him for any financial sum you are cost.

If I've answered your question please click on accept so that I can get feedback. I will continue to help.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
so do you mean that i can take my car if i have insured it .and after that i still have to attend in the court and with a good reason and show to the court evidence that it was not my fault. will they give points in the court or in the police station?
im waiting
anything that you know what i have to do advice me please and thanks so far for given me good and the right advice.

Sorry, I covered most of those points above.

1 You will have to go to court to have this dealt with.

2 They could take the car but they probably would not bearing in mind the mitigation

3 You can argue special reasons arise as mitigation.

4 you can sue the person concerned for the cost that you sustain