UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I wish to remortgage my mothers property however her name is…

Customer Question
I wish to remortgage my...
I wish to remortgage my mothers property however her name is XXXXX XXXXX deeds and mine if anything happens to her automatically the house is mine as I bought it of the housing executive for them im the 2nd party named on the deeds can I apply for a remortgage even though her name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds or how can I. [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
The majority of lenders require the legal owners to be the same as the borrowers applying for the mortgage. There are (or at least used to be prior to the recession) a few lenders who would accept different borrowers to legal owners. HSBC was one. If you cannot locate a lender that would accept such a situation, you will be unable to remortgage without your mother also being a party to the mortgage.

You may like to speak to an independent financial adviser who will likely have access to a wide range of products that might suit - not all IFAs have access to the same products, so don't assume just because one says he can't help that this will be the case for all. You could also speak to HSBC to see if they still offer this facility