UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

im charged wit assault on police she had grazing to her head…

Customer Question
im charged wit assault on...
im charged wit assault on police she had grazing to her head and skin and buglary i was drunk if i plead guilty wat will be my punishment
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

i was caught inside the house at nite with some items belonging to the occupants im a foriegn student the officer had some grazes impleading guilty

Have you been in trouble before?

How do you think she got these injuries?

Solicitor: Thomas Garner, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Thomas Garner
It is nigh on impossible to advise fully without knowing all the circumstances of your case. However, guidelines would suggest that for a residential burglary and assault PC in which injury was caused then custody could be an option even for someone with good character. Depending on the circumstances of the burglarly there is even a chance they would commit you to the Crown Court for sentence.

Alcohol will be considered an aggravating rather than mitigating factor.

I would strongly suggest you consult a solicitor in person - or at least speak to the duty solicitor at Court.

Whatever happens the Court should order Pre-Sentence reports to be prepared in your case before passing sentence. You are likely to remain on bail for these to be prepared.
Hi

Really sorry about the intervention above.

How do you think she got the injuries?

it was said i was resisting arrested and she suffered grazes to skin and head

its my first crime i was disoriented and oblivious of wat i was doing but im pleading guilty and be remoursful ,apologetic

OK. You will have to plead guilty if you accept that she was making an arrest and you resisted it.

Benches do get upset over assaults upon police officers if I'm honest. Its too serious for a conditional discharge or a fine. But its at the lower end of the scale. Its likely to lead to a very low level community order.

You should mention that you are remorseful and how it happenhed. Also a guilty plea will reduce your sentence.

You may be lucky and be fined.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister