UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I had a crash in a hire vehical at work and damaged it. I failed…

Customer Question
I had a crash in...
I had a crash in a hire vehical at work and damaged it. I failed to report the incident straight away as policy says, but owned up to doing it the following day. I have now been suspended on full pay from work pending an investigatory interview. I am not allowed an outside party to attend this meeting but the company have one. It is my first offence at work. Is this correct? What are my rights as an employee?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/26/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Hiya,

The law says that you can be accompanied by a companion who is either:

· A full time officer of a trade union
· A trade union representative - usually but not necessarily from your workplace
· A colleague from the same workplace

Happy to discuss

Please remember to PRESS ACCEPT

Hiya,

I hope that this helps

Please remember to press ACCEPT so that I can get my credit

All the Best

Peter