UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi i am currently working 16hrs a week - my working days are…

Customer Question
Hi i am currently working...
Hi i am currently working 16hrs a week - my working days are a Monday and a Tuesday every week. Please can you tell me what my holiday enitlement is. The building is closed on a bank holiday monday - however staff are still paid. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/25/2010
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hi

If you are only working 2 days a week then your annual holiday entitlement is 11.2 days. If the office is closed on bank holiday Mondays then your employer can force you to take these days off as annual leave and take them off your total holiday allowance. So if there are 6 bank holidays that fall on a Monday every year your employer can take these off your holiday entitlement, leaving you with 5.2 days to take in the rest of the year.

Please press the ACCEPT button to proceed. You will then be able to ask any follow-up questions. Thank you

<p>I have put this information to my employer and she has said that as i only work 2 days per week and not 2 and a half days a week then i am not entitled to the full 11.2 days off leave and my leave is only 8.3 days??? I have been told i only have 3 days out of the whole year from which i can choose what days i want to take off. If you can answer this for me so i have something to take to my employer to question my entitlement i will then be happy to press accept. Thank you.</p>

I have replied to you but have not had a responce?