UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have handed notice to my childminder last Friday after 4…

Customer Question
I have handed notice to...
I have handed notice to my childminder last Friday after 4 yrs with her to take my son to nursery. She reacted by using slanderous comments about me pocketing the money from Tax Credits, and giving out information that could identity my son on Facebook. (I have screen prints. She is now threatening to sue me for this as she is accusing me of breaking privacy laws by sending a thread with hr freinds names on to Ofsted without their prior permission). I have sinced lodged a complaint with Ofsted, and advised her accordingly, and she has now retaliated by saying she is going to sue me for deformation of character, unpaid monies due for the 4 weeks notice period (i refuse to pay until Ofsted have investigated as i believe she has breached her contract with her conduct), and she has now said she is reporting me to the authorities because she is concerned about the welfare of my son! All in all, its causing me serious stress. What can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/25/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Do you mean legally?
Yes legally...
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you want to take action over exactly?
What do you mean you dont understand? Ive told you everything that has happened... what she has done... what she is threatening to do.... this is an advice site, i need advice. Where do i turn? What can I do? Is she in the right? Am I in the right? She has put a letter through my door tonight advising me she is going to sue for the monies for the notice period... I believe she has breached her contract with her conduct.... who is right?
Im off work with stress about this have told you everything to date... she is being vindictive, spiteful and at present i am looking forward to a visit from social services because she is lashing out at me - I have 4 children from 6 yrs to 20 yrs... not a single complaint from anyone as i am a good mum... Again... what can I do?