UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

can you claim back money if you pay for something on credit…

Customer Question
can you claim back money...
can you claim back money if you pay for something on credit card and think it is a scam
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
i paid a company called parklane services a 915 pounds they said they can get my visas and storecards paid off i cannot get hold of them now
just wondering because i paid them by visa would i beable to claim back the money
Was payment taken when you were not there? So by distance?
i gave them my visa details because they were going to try and get them paid off but they stopped trading without doing anything for me

So was payment taken when you were not there?

yes payment was taken wen i wasnt there

If thats right then you can ask your credit card company to claw back the funds.

Sometimes they can be inconsistent on the point of whether they will do it or not but you should complain internally.

Distance purchases are suitable for a claw back.