UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My son sees his five year old son every weekend. There is…

Customer Question
My son sees his five...
My son sees his five year old son every weekend. There is a court order in place following a long and distressing fight. This has worked extremely well for the past year. Following a very minor incident with another child my grandsons mother is now refusing to allow access. As his grandmother, I am also included in this access. Due to his mothers behaviour he did have a social worker but I don't know whether his and his mothers social worker is still in the picture so to speak. Her actions will greatly upset my grandson who loves coming here. My question is - Do we go back to our original solicitors? or do we contact the social worker?, or can we now find an alternate solicitor?. What do we do when she breaks a court order?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

what was the nature of the minor incident and why do you wish to change solicitors

claire

My grandson was playing with another five year old, I was present but out of sight for possibly two minutes. The other little boy touched my grandsons penis. They were giggling and I simply told them not to be silly. I mentioned this matter to his mother the following week and thought no more about it. But this obviously gave her the excuse she was looking for, telling me that I was totally irresponsible. Either me or my son are always with my grandson, never leave him. My son never felt very comfortable with the man allocated to him from our previous solicitors, I was O.K with them. I think it would be better to go back to the same solicitors because they have all the background information. My son doesn't want to. The other child was the son of long standing family friends.

I simply want to know if it would be best to go back to previous solicitors who would have all the background information, or should I contact his social worker, or should I find a new solicitor as my son would wish to, but I am O.K with previous ones. When contact breaks down following a court order, and we have had no contact with solicitors for twelve months what do we do?

hi

when you say social worker do you mean cafacss officer - if not why exactly were social services involved

claire