UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my partner is currently in prision he was sentenced last year…

Customer Question
my partner is currently in...
my partner is currently in prision he was sentenced last year in december he has been granted home leaves while in open prision to be accepted for electronic tag he had to do corses set by the prison,he was doing these corses but had difficulty writing answers down on paper so he was accused of not commiting to the corse.after speaking to his probation officer they told him to ask for help with the writing part of the corse so that he could prove he was commitied to the corse.He asked one of the members of the staff to help and said he was doing much better he also explained to the main person that runs the corse that he was struggling with the written part of the corse like his probation officer told him too.He rang tonight to say that he was shipped out of the open prision and had been placed in a lock up prision for not been commited to the corse and for being disruptive to the group.He feels like he has been discrimanated against for being partially illiterate he acted on the advice he was given by his probation officer then was accused of been disruptive when he explained he was having problems with writing.He will no longer recieve home leaves.I thought the whole reason of the prision system was to try to rehabilitate prisioners so they stand a better chance of not reofending,he feels like he was disliked by the main person who ran the corse and was perposly made to fail,he has done a number of corse since being inside including parent corses and never had a problem and was helped through them, what action can be taken against the prision? he was in,and what are the chances he will actually be taken seriously?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/24/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
How long was he sentenced for and when is he due out?
he was sentenced for two years on december 12 last year and is due out december 12 this year but if he recieves electronic tagging he will be released july 29th this year he was currently recieving home leaves with he was aloud home for 6 hours at a time or for four days he was never late back to the prision and followed al the necassary rules

What do you want to take action against the prison for ?