UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been paying maintenance for my son, who will be 16-Next…

Customer Question
I have been paying maintenance...
I have been paying maintenance for my son, who will be 16-Next month, however he has now left school as he has acquired a placement at a Technical College on an Engineering Course - can I stop paying ?
The maintenance has never been legally agreed only verbal before, during and after the divorce process

I am in Scotland !
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/24/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

so long as he is under 19 and in secondary education for more than 12 hours a week then the csa can make an assessment - so it would be sensible to continue payment if you wish to avoid their involvement

claire

Clare
Clare, Solicitor
He has left 2nd Education and joined a Further educational college

hi

unless he is studying for a degree then it is secondary education -

claire