UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i own a small apartment in a block of council flats, there…

Customer Question
i own a small apartment...
i own a small apartment in a block of council flats, there is a comunal area behind the flats for hanging out washing. i have a dspute with the council who wont cut weeds which are six feet tall preventing me ffffffffffffrom hanging wash out. council that weeds and maintenace are a responsibility of tenants.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor

Hi there,

I note that the Council have told you that the communal area is the responsibility of the Tenants. If this is correct, I am afraid the Council aren't under any obligation to do anything about the weeds.

One thing you could do is to have a look at your Lease, when you bought, to see what it says about the maintenance of the communal area. If it states that the Council are responsible for maintaining the communal area, then you can ask them to carry out their duties in this regard.

I hope this answers your question, and if so, I would be grateful if you could press the Accept button.

Kind Regards

Andy M