UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i am a self employed joiner, i did a job for someone and they…

Customer Question
i am a self employed...
i am a self employed joiner, i did a job for someone and they did not pay me the full amount that was owed to me ,ive bin to court and won the case but he still refuses to pay me this all happened about 4 years ago can i still get my money and how do i go about it,the amount owing is about three thousand pounds thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/24/2010
Solicitor: Chris_H, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Chris_H
Chris_H, Solicitor
If the guy has the money then you can try enforcement proceedings. There are a number of different options, including sending the bailiffs to his house, getting a charge on property or asking his employer to deduct money from his earnings.

You can find out more about the options here.

An option that is not mentioned here is that of sending the matter up to the High Court for enforcement. You can then instruct a High Court Enforcement Officer of your choice who are a lot more determined at getting your money. You need to fill in a form and pay a Court fee of £50. If you want to go down this route then Google High Court Enforcement Officer to find different firms of bailiffs who can collect the money for you.