UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi I have just had a bailiff at my door with an enforcement…

Hi I have just had a...
Hi

I have just had a bailiff at my door with an enforcement notice regarding an outstanding parking offence from September 09. I am the registered keeper but my partner was using the car in the course of her duties for the council concerned Bexley. I did not receive any correspondence about this at the time or subsequently including any Court Action. However I did pay 2 other fines around the same time without any difficulty. I cannot have a CCJ as I am moving home soon and dont need this blemish. My argument is that I paid the other fines without any problem which suggests that I did not know anything about this one.

Any advice

Very distraught

Peter
6/24/2010
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
How much is this for?

In total it is 396.12. I have no problem paying any charges but it is the CCJ that is the problem. If I had known about it I would have dealt with it in the same way as the other two. The council are suggesting that I fill in one of their forms to go back to Northampton CC ticking a box stating that I did not receive any correspondence, however, Bexley Council will state that according to their system they were sent out. This seems really unfair.

Thanks

Peter

If this is a parking offence, then you do not have a CCJ.

All that has happened is that you've ignored a parking fine and they have got a charge certificate from northampton county court. Thats not a CCJ and has no impact on your credit file.

Generally the objection is paying the fine and the bailiff fees but you don't seem to raise that here. If you pay this off that will be the end of the matter.

This is not the charge certificate but registration of that debt with an enforcement notice attached. Bexley Council state that they sought the charge certificate in January 2010 but I did not receive that correspondence either.....

Yes, its a warrant.

Its not a matter for your credit file.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
thanks (:

No problem.

This won't be on your credit file.