UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i have a LTD company and my company and myself personally…

Customer Question
i have a LTD company...
i have a LTD company and my company and myself personally are being sued by a major PLC, over a passing off case. If I lose the case and they come after my personal assets,(i have no company assets), the only asset I have is my house, which is in joint names.Can i take my name off the mortgage, before the case begins, so I will have no assets, or will this be viewed as premeditated?
How best can i protect myself ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/23/2010
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
You would need to make your name off the mortgage and ownership at the Land Registry.

You can do this now - before any case begins, otherwise if you do it later it may be looked at avoidance!

Or you can have the house transferred into a trust for you.