UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have a real problem with anti-social teens outside my store…

Customer Question
I have a real problem...
I have a real problem with anti-social teens outside my store so I bought one those Mosquito devices, no more problems but now the council have told me to remove it. The question is can I compel the council to sort the problem out?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/23/2010
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 8 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
I have a shop in Blackpool but now the council are looking at banning these 'life saving' devices, my argument is that if they force me to remove the Mosquito Teen anti loitering device (makes a horrid noise that can only be heard by kids) can I then force them to sort the problem out, there excuse before was that that I could not prove that the Teen problem was effecting my business, I can now.
Hiya

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. The key to all of this is evidence.

Once you've got your log of information about what’s been happening, you should in theory contact either or both the police and/or your local council.

They should take action to punish the people who have been behaving aggressively or destructively. If the police are not taking this seriously then you should escalate this within the police force and if the council are not acting then I would recommend that you contact either your councillors or indeed the press.

Those causing the problems could receive any of a number of punishments, including jail or anti social behaviour orders.
I hope that this helps

Please remember to press ACCEPT