UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

carrying out a extension to my property.have access but limited,running…

Customer Question
carrying out a extension to...
carrying out a extension to my property.have access but limited,running paralel with me house and land is an access track to a nearby farm.farmer initially said i could use the waste land between this track and my property for storage but has gone back on his word and i9nvoiced me for the short time it was used.the whole project would be easier using this track to then crane materials into my property with.wondered what are my rights ref this problem.thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/23/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Do you have any rights in your deeds over this track? have you used the track in any way for 20 years or more?
dont think i have any deeds access.the track and the farm used to be owned by the family who we bought the house off.they sold the land years ago and the owner of the field now rents it to the farmer.
How long have you been using the track for for access (if at all?)
Only been using it since i started building my extension as its a tight fit getting the merchant lorries in my normal access.been using it for about two months.
I am afraid to tell you then that any use of the track without permission would constitute a trespass and you would be responsible to the landowner for any damage caused as a result of the trespass.