UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

being a british citizen and my wife being serbian and wanting…

Customer Question
being a british citizen and...
being a british citizen and my wife being serbian and wanting to apply for the spouses visa, what requirements do i need to meet? How long do I need to have been working?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/22/2010
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

I believe I've answerde this as a separate question, would you like me to request this one is closed?

Kind regards,

Tom

I'd like to know, how long I need to be in employment for? And is there a lower limit, I've been offered a job with a 12000 salary, is this enough? I don't want to work in a job that is not going to get my wife her visa.

I assume that you are the customer who asked a very similar question earlier.

There is no set financial limit for what you must earn - just that you must prove you will not require the need for public funds once she gets here.

Neither is there a length which you need to have been employed for. If you wife is to work in the UK then you should show that there are jobs in the UK which she could do to bring in some income. You can then argue this income should be used as further proof of your collective ability to live without the need for public funds.

I hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
hello again, sorry I got cut off. I still would like to know what constitutes suitable housing, does it half to be above a certain size? Is a bedsit ok or does it need to be at least one bedroomed?

It just has to be housing that does not require recourse to public funds. It is not a requirement to be a one-bedroomed.

Thanks for the kind accept.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Tom