UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I was working as a Door Supervisor (bouncer) in this nightclub…

Customer Question
I was working as a...
I was working as a Door Supervisor (bouncer) in this nightclub for about a month. I am self employed. I was working there through a security agency.
They usually send me the rota every Sunday for the following week.
This Sunday my agent calls me saying that the Bar General Manager don't wants me working there any more.
These were shocking news because I not only do a great job but have a very good relationship with all bar staff and assistant manager.
I always felt that the General Manager did not like me... I never understood why...
So no notice were given and all of the sudden I have no job...

Do I have any rights in this matter? Can she do this?

Please help. I am confused.

Kind regards

Priscila
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/22/2010
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hi

Did you have a contract with them that states any notice period?

With the agent or the Bar?
I had an agreement with the agent of one week notice.
But that is all...