UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Once I am in UK. How soon would I be able to access a benefit…

Customer Question
Once I am in UK...
Once I am in UK. How soon would I be able to access a benefit and a house?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/21/2010
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

What is your nationality, where are you and what immigration status are you applying for?

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi, I was hoping to get the first more urgent question answered first. I am a British Citizen with british Passport by descent. I am also a South African Citizen. My first question is I want to return to England with my 2 children who are South African citizens and have SA passports. I was unable to get them into the country without paying exorbitant fees, which i thought was really unfair,. I could not even get them the free family re-unification visa which apparently is only for refugees. We are like refugees and fled SA and are presently in New Zealand but unable to remain here.
They are wanting me to pay exorbitant settlement fees for my kids and prove I have ex amount in the bank and also have accomodation already sorted out before i can even get settlement visas for my kids. I am unable to afford this and feel it is ridiculous seeing as I am british. I have lived there many years ago. I cant just leave my kids. i asked what other options I could get or if you could help. Then my second question was how soon I could get a benefit and a house. Sorry for mixupo. Hope you can help.
JILL

It's fine, there's an expert better suited to these who I have in mind. I'll refer him to both questions so that he can help you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks am sure something can be done.
Thanks