UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my daughter had a falling out with her boyfreind she was out…

Customer Question
my daughter had a falling...
my daughter had a falling out with her boyfreind she was out round at the local park with some friends and they were not doing anything wrong and her boyfriend appeard with girls and the one of the girls attackd my daughter because of her boyfreind she then came back home and told me what had happend and i decided to call the police as my daughter is 15 and her boyfriend and the girl with him were 18 and 19 the police came and my daughter told them what happend and then they asked if my daughter had a sexual relelationship with him and she kind of nodded yes and no i don't know if they wrote it down as part of the statement. I then asked my daughter if she had had sex with him and she said no she only kissed him. Now it could lead to him being in jail for a long time and my daughter doent want it to happen because he hasnot done anything wrong that way is there anyway she could change this without getting into trouble herself as she didnot really understand what the police ment.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/21/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Has anything happened in reference to the assault?
he was in police custody over the weekend but we don't know if he has been charged with anything yet one of his friends said he was going to be charged with domestic

Sorry, who assaulted her?

Has she made a statement?

her boyfriends friend attackd her but her boyfriend got aressted for domestic for verbally abusing her and letting his friend attack her i think. but my daughter wants to change part of her statement because the police asked her if she had sexual contact with her boyfriend and she did not have sexual contact with him but she nodded yes and no at the time because she was unsure of what they ment as i asked her later when the police left and she said to me no i haven't had sexual contact with him she thought it ment a kiss and hug but i explaind what it ment and now he could be charged with statutory rape as my daughter is 15 and he is 18 but my daughter got confused and wasn't thinking straight that night at all as she was terrified after the whole inccident but i don't want my daughter to get into any trouble her self with the police for not knowing what somthing ment. she has herd now that he is got out of court today and is home but we don't know if anything will come of this case ?

He couldn't have done that. She must have made some kind of allegation of violence.

Forget the sex. He won't be prosecuted for that.

But she must have said he assaulted her.

but i had to be there when the statement was made because she is only 15 and needs an adult there and she never said he assaulted her so what possibly could they have arrested him for ?

Public order maybe.

It depends what she has said. They won't let her withdraw now. The days have gone when you could make allegations and then control the prosecution authorities thereafter.

Has she told the police she doesn't want to give evidence?