UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I recently bought a dental practice but was not told that…

Customer Question
I recently bought a...
I recently bought a dental practice but was not told that the previous associates (that previously worked for the practice I bought) had opened a new dental practice a few doors away from mine. They left the practice in 2008 and opened soon after, i bough my practice in may 2009.
As a result many patients have now found the previous associates and gone over to them and the value of the goodwill has significantly decreased. Should this detail have been disclosed to me by the vendor?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/20/2010
Solicitor: Aston Lawyer, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

As the associates practice had opened sometime before you purchased the practice, as opposed to being a result of the sale of the practice to you, I am afraid that the Seller was not under any duty to inform you of this previous transaction.

Sorry.

I hope this answers your question, and if so, I would be grateful if you could press the Accept button.

Kind Regards

Andy M