UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am a manager working for a local council overseeing a frontline…

Customer Question
I am a manager working...
I am a manager working for a local council overseeing a frontline service. 6 weeks ago i met with a member of my team to discuss last minute request for leave to attend funeral. When I advised this would be A/Leave not flexi the individual became very agitated and eventully after bringing up various things she didnot like about me she then finished by being verbally aggressive and calling me for eg aggressive, self opinionated etc. I have written a report and one was given to the individual two days later who refused to accept this as true and three weeks later wrote their own account reversing everything and telling it as me being the aggressor and basically. This is still ongoing and very little as been done by my team manager
What action can I request to bring this matter to closure and what action should they be taking with this individual
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/20/2010
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

You have to trust your judgment if it was appropriate that it was A leave then that was why you made that decision. The employee is disappointed and the reaction is a reflection of that but it is your job to make these decisions and that is all that you were doing.

If it can be shown that the employee is lying about what happened then it would be a disciplinary matter but this is difficult to show following a one to one conversation.

You can push for closure or a decision but having worked within local authorities I know these things take time . You have the option of putting in a grievance about how long it is taking but tactically I would not do this as you could end up being seen as the problem.

I hope this helps kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely