UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

hi my best friend is suffering from domestic violence and her…

Customer Question
hi my best friend is...
hi my best friend is suffering from domestic violence and her partner was arrested yesterday and released on 10 day bail and not aloud back to their shared address the police have advised us to get a occupation order on him, i was hoping you could tell me how much this costs? how quick it would come to effect?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/19/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

your friend should be able to obtain one within a few working days and may be eligible for free legal help

otherwise it is likely to cost £900 to £1500

claire

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX know how much or little you are able to earn to obtain free legal aid, and what will happen after his bail is up will he be allowed back to there house if not wanted?

hi

unless your friend has an occupation order in place then her ex will be able to return

you can workout eligibility for legal aid here

http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/en/legalaid/

claire