UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

HiI am currently suspended on full pay from work as a lecturer…

Customer Question
Hi I am currently suspended on...
Hi
I am currently suspended on full pay from work as a lecturer and have been for four monthe whilst various factfinding meetings take place. In the first month my employer 'forgot' to pay me and having received my wage slip today the same thing has happened and I have been paid for one week only. I would like to put in a grievance for breach of contract
Coould you advise please and help me contruct one
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/19/2010
Solicitor: Michael Holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

You simply need to put in a grievance on the basis that they are not paying you.

Firstly pay is a fundamental term in your contract and whether you are suspended or not your employers are in breach of contract by not paying you. Secondly you can take them to an Employment tribunal whilst remaining in your employment for Unlawful Deduction of Wages if they fail to pay you properly.

I hope this helps kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor

Thanks Michael

it looks straightforward, are there any templates that would be helpful

I do not have as there is no standard form and it is usually done in the form of a letter.unless the employer has created a specific complaints form

Make sure you keep a copy and ask them to acknowledge the grievance

Yours sincerely