UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Are Children and Families Social Services allowed to state…

Customer Question
Are Children and Families Social...
Are Children and Families Social Services allowed to state a single parent has to stay single for the rest of her life because the bungalow that I am in is to small for both of us?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/18/2010
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

hi

when were the children taken into care

has a final order been made

claire

No boys in care because wife died an social services couldn't find Brian as they had split 6 months previous.Can have them back when have suitable property to live in.

Nicole in care I am not totally sure why. I warned that Nicole would have to be withdrawn from school if I was not given the property I needed. My disabilities state that I have to do reguar exersice but I am not allowed to do to much or I won't be able to do anything eg bed rest only. No one listened so I had to. They didn't like Nicole carering for me after a discussion Nicole gave up her roon for me to do excersises in and ended up sleeping in my bed. I got a bit stronger and did a bit more round the house. They were unhappy with a mother and daughter sleeping in the same bed. I have done everthing possible. They are still un happy with me.

hi

so you are in a two bedroom property but use the second bedroom as an exercise room - is that correct

claire

Yes but the room is not big enough to put all the equipment I need in it plus Nicole's wardrope and chest of draws are still in it. The room is 2m x 3m.
Yes but it still has Nicole's chest of draws and wardrope in. The room is 2m x 3m. It is impossible to put 90% of the equipment in.

hi

has a care order been made on your daughter?

claire

Not as far as I know. I have been attending child protection meetings and core group sessions. No courts have been envolved yet.

hi

when did she go into care

claire

26th April 2010 seen her 8x only in that time as s.s can't make up their minds wether I can see her or not.

hi

is your daughter living with foster carers?

claire

No with my parents. I don't speak to them. That is a long story. Cut it short dad beat me up when I was recovering from a brain tumour to the point I was hospitalized. I did nothing wrong. He has started hiting Nicole and social services Know but won't let Nicole come back. Mum does nothing.My parents are very good at covering up their behaviour. plus mum drinks alchole from the minute she wakes up to minute she goes to bed. last month they were burgled. The reason is mum passed out on sofa less than a meter away from Nicole to and from school. Strange dad was not at core group meeting, he never missed one before. He knows I know what he has done. First chance Nicole had she came to the house and told me.Parents monitor Nicole and my telephone conversations. Nicole wanted to stay with me and the phone calls hurt me because she is always asking me when she can come home.

hi

are you willing to change the room back into a bedroom so that she can come home?

claire