UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can I be taken to court for making a false music certifica…

Customer Question
Can I be taken to...
Can I be taken to court for making a false music certificate?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/18/2010
Solicitor: Claire D, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
Claire D
Claire D, Solicitor
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
I was told by the examining board that some children had failed exams. I asked for them to be remarked & was told they had passed & to make a certificate. I didn't get anything in writing. 2 of the parents are now saying that I have lied & they are going to pursue it. I acted in good faith & have not deliberately misled anyone. I do not have a contract with the exam board or the childrens parents. I am now being harrased by these parents who are trying to cause a lot of trouble for me.
What do you mean, you made the certificates?
Relist: No answer yet.
I printed it off from the internet. I can't prove who told me it was ok to do so. It is one word against another. Where do I stand legally?
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 8 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
You can not make certificates without the authorisation of the examining board. If you do then you will be guilty of fraud by false representation.

If you have it in writing from the exam board then yes, this will be fine to make the certificates.