UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

we are in a dispute(lawsuit) with our neighbours over land…

Customer Question
we are in a dispute(lawsuit)...
we are in a dispute(lawsuit) with our neighbours over land outside our garage. we have had a survey done and in fact there is 4 metres of land which is our property. my neighbour continues to pull up in front of our garage and reverse into his own drive. i have put a cone out to try and prevent this as it is antagonising. Am i in trouble for doing this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/18/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
If the property is private and not highway you are entitled to restrict access. You could obtain a court injunction if you feel sufficiently motivated.

If the boundary continues to be disputed, you can obtain declaration of boundary from the land registry. There are fees associated with this but it will settle the location of the boundary permanently .