UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi there, I returned to work the end of October last year from…

Customer Question
Hi there, I returned to...
Hi there, I returned to work the end of October last year from Maternity Leave. I asked to come back on a 4 day week, which they accepted.
I came in on maternity leave for an annual review, I was told there was no payrise, they would review it in 6 months time.
8 months later, they have changed my job role to 50% of what I was doing, and working on another area of the business. All is fine, except, I asked them include a statement that went I want to go back to 5 days a week, I can.
They refused.
They said if they win the contract on the account that I work on (which is at tender at the moment) they will consider it.
They are hiring her employees on other accounts. They are a small company of 25. Bought by another big company.
Recently My Director informed me that there were no pay rises this year, because of econmonic conditions. I then find out around the office that others have had payrises. I haven't recived one in 2 1/2 years I have been there.
Do I have a case?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/17/2010
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hi

Has everyone had a payrise or just some of your colleagues?

Everyone
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 7 years ago

Do you know when the pay rises were given and if you being on maternity had anything to do with it?