UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my father recently died and left instructions about where the…

Customer Question
my father recently died and...
my father recently died and left instructions about where the deeds to his property were 5 years ago but the bank say they have been withdrawn 17 years ago ???????????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
If you cannot find the deeds, do check the property is not registered at the Land Registry. If it is registered, it will not matter that the deeds have been lost.

If it isn't and an exhaustive search does not reveal them, you will need to reconstruct the title. A solicitor will need to assist you with this.

You may ask the bank for a copy of the authority releasing the deeds.

I already knew what you have said, i have contacted land registry and bank for evidence of release.

What exactly is our question then please?

Edited by Joshua on 6/16/2010 at 10:27 PM EST

you have not told me anything i did not already know there is no question

OK - good luck. I hope you manage to track them down. Don't forget it is possible to reconstruct the title if all else fails and obtain insurance indemnity to guarantee the title to prospective buyers.