UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i divorced my wife about 2 years ago. she making false allegation to police, my worki…

Customer Question
i divorced my wife about...
i divorced my wife about 2 years ago. she making false allegation to police, my working place, friends, family. finnaly she me my life like hell. all allegation was wrong. police dropped the case...etc. what can i do?she, her brother and sister in law lodged an assault , domestice violence..etc and about 3 months took the police to invetigated, finally they drop the case. she made false allegation to the licensing agency where issue licence to pratic(GMC) and it took 9 months i get my licence(normally it takes ABOUT 3 WEEKS. she made different complaint to different place desite i separated and late divorce her 2 years ago. never saw her and contacted her. she trying to contact me but i have not replied. she is on benifit and her legal help is free, this is why she making endless allegation. can i do any thing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi

I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done in practice. It should be easier to take action against people who make false allegations but its not.

the only case you have is a defamation action and that costs in excess of £25,000 and there is no legal aid. Even if you won she wouldn't be able to pay the award.

Just move on and find yourself a partner who doesn't call the police every time they can't have what they want. She'll be making allegations against somebody else in due course.

Relist: Inaccurate answer.

Its not inaccurate actually.

I've explained above.

then what is adjunction. ibefore i discussed with another solicor, she said bring th evidence and we can apply to the court for adjunction against her.

Adjudication has no application here.

Its as I've said. If you've had contrary advice then why are you posting here? I'm surprised you haven't pursued that line of enquiry?