UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

a guy is running a busines from his parents home in our small…

Customer Question
a guy is running a...
a guy is running a busines from his parents home in our small cul-de-sac.He buys and sells cars usually but has now started a breakdown and recovery serviceAll his vehicles are randomly parked up and down the road along with his own 2 cars his girlfriends and both his parents leaving little space for residents to park.Is this legal
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Would you please reply on your original question please?

sorry dont understand what you are wanting .My question was clear
i want to know if this man can run a business in a residential area

Good evening,

I asked on your first post if you owned your own property.

If you do the answer is as below?

You should examine your title deeds which you can access at the land registry or via your mortgage lender or your solicitor who dealt with it at the time of the purchase. This should establish whether there is a covenant against any owners on the estate carrying on a business and in particular these covenants are designed to prevent people running businesses involving commercial vehicles and there may even be a specific covenant that no commercial vehicles are to be parked there over night. If this covenant exists you would have to contact the builder to ask for them to take enforcement action.

This answer is based on the information supplied. I hope that this answers your question. If so, I would ask you, please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid.

Best wishes.

F E