UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Im a director of a company that is no longer trading and which…

Customer Question
Im a director of a...
Im a director of a company that is no longer trading and which will be but into liquidation soon. a creditor has sent me a ccj for the amount outstanding to them from the company i am a director.

i have spoken to the creditor telling him that the ccj should be in the company name and not mine and they are refusing to remove the court papers what should i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: TNV, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
TNV
TNV, Lawyer
Anyone can raise a CCJ but getting it granted is another matter. You should attend the court hearing and state your position. This is not so much a matter of law but of fact. If the invoice is in the name of the company then it is incompetent to raise a CCJ in the name of someone else. The court should recognise this and throw it out.

Hope this helps.