UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

i feel as though im being pushed out of the work i am in, feel…

Customer Question
i feel as though im...
i feel as though im being pushed out of the work i am in, feel victimised and its causing me lots of stress, they are always going mad at me even though i have explained the situation, my supervisor told me that tokeep checking my weekly rota as they are cutting my hrs down, they did and left me no alternative to cut my hours to 16-20 , i was told if i mentioned this to anyone she will deny it, i was given 10 hrs the next week after i put in writing what i can now do. i have had a verbal warning already . and now being given work where i am not trained to use, i said i couldnt do it for i had no training but they sending me there anyway, i was asked to go to a call which i knew i wouldnt be there on time and asked her to explain to the people i would be late. just reaching that destination the same person called me went mad at me for being late said the other person was going mad down the phone to her, when i reached there i was in tears and the lady said she didnt go mad at a
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hi

How long have you been working there? Do you have a contract that states your weekly hours?

as you can gather im a mobile care worker, i have been there now for 2and a half yrs. i had a contract before i changed my hours but i had an issue with that and asked to see it there copy. in different coulored pen its marked down work weekends and there is nothing on mine to state that. . there rules changed all the time , i told them i couldnt work tea times in the week and they gave me tea calls on fridays saying that i couldnt pick my hours. my hours originally was 7am to 2.30 because of my young son, they also said i had to do a nite run on a friday and stated everyone is going to do them. i have recently found out this is untrue, when i first started working there they asked me to become a supervisor 3 times which i refused . since then the problems have started . i have been up numous times with complaints about other supervisiors talking to me like something they have trod in, nothing ever has been done, i went to work feeling awful with a bug and on my last call i had to phone in and say i couldnt do the weekend as i was ill. and i didnt want anybody to catch what i had, to there reply i had to go to work, the next day i felt so bad i nearly collapsed in someones house and i called the oncall which is works out of hours phone and said i could not continue with the day, i was told if i went home i would be given a disaplinory order sorry about my spelling, but nothing came of it.. another time i doubled up with a girl to do a call and a few hrs later apparently this lady who lives with her husband ,said she fell out of her chair, i had a supervisor call me in temper and asked what the hell i had done to this lady, where the other girl i worked with was never phoned and got moaned at. this as been going on with lots of different issues for over a yr, and its really getting me down, the first letter i gave you are happening now.
i got a message saying its been answered, i cant see it
Relist: No answer yet.
i didnt get a reply back after being asked a question. next thing i know my question has been closed