UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

1 my partner has overstayed her visa in UK.I am a UK citizen…

Customer Question
1 my partner has overstayed...
1 my partner has overstayed her visa in UK.I am a UK citizen with substantial assets.can i obtain a fiancee visa for her ? 2 what happens if we obtain a fiancee visa and then for whatever reason we do not go ahead with the marriage withib 6 months? 3 Is there any legislation or case law which precludes obtaining a uk fiancee visa because of a big difference in the ages of the two people?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/16/2010
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

Thanks for your question.

If your fiance is already in the UK then the UKBA will not entertain an application for a fiance visas, fiance visas are for people who are presently outside of the UK and wish to come here to marry.

Instead you would have to apply for a certificate of approval from the UKBA by using Form COA, available for download from the UKBA website. This is a permission to marry, not a right to remain in the UK. Once married she may then apply for settlement using Form SET(M) to the UKBA.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom